Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Walk of Shame


The Fit you see in the image above is different from the Fit told below...

To begin, I want the world to know that I have a really sweet boy - however, he is two years old and occasionally is not the most reasonable person.

Yesterday, we went to dinner. At the end of the meal (and as a special treat for his good behavior) I got him a little scoop of ice cream. Since he is two, he wanted to eat the ice cream with his fingers. Johnny attempted to show him how to use the spoon to eat the ice cream, but that is when Christopher lost it.

As he pushed his hands into the scoop of cold ice cream, he shouted: "I DO MY-SELF!!!!" He then tried to throw the ice cream across the table.

I took the ice cream away from the crazed toddler, and so he immediately threw his entire body onto the booth and started kicking and crying and screaming. Unsure of what to do, we paid the bill and ran out with Chris over Johnny's shoulders; ALL eyes were on us as he was still kicking, still screaming - creating a whole new definition for the term "walk of shame."

Best part of the situation? When we were buckling C into his seat (refer to this entry to see how well buckling him in went last night), my mom, who witnessed the whole thing, was begging me to let her get his ice cream. I made her VOW to never get him ice cream or any other treat if he ever throws a fit like that when I am not around. She vowed, but I think she may have had her fingers crossed behind her back...

No comments: